BREG Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy
Best-in-class therapy time and weight balances the needs of the patient and the clinician. Its easy to use, feature-rich design makes it a great choice for hospital use. High flow rates ensure even temperature distribution. Depending on your patient-specific protocol, with nothing more than an initial fill of ice and water, your patients can enjoy up to 8-10 hours of motorized cold therapy according to their own comfort level.
Optional Kodiak Battery Pack for portability.
NOTE: The Kodiak Cold Therapy units MUST USE KODIAK INTELLI-FLO PADS.
Indications and Uses:
- Post Operative
- Arthroscopic Procedures
- Reconstructive Procedures
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Chronic Pain
- Physical Therapy
- High flow rates ensure even temperature distribution
- Whisper-quiet pump technology allows your patient to rest easy
- Durable, powerful construction provides peace of mind
- Best-in-class therapy time and weight balance increases efficiency
- How to Use Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit Instructions
- Cold Therapy Return Policy
Intelli-Flo Treatment Pads:
These revolutionary pads offer hassle-free temperature regulation specific to each treatment area, allowing for consistent cold delivery. The ergonomic design provides exceptional coverage, static compression, and patient comfort. Intelli-Flo Pads are compatible with Polar Care Kodiak only. Note: An insulation barrier must be applied between the Intelli-Flo Pads and the patient's skin.
Using the Breg Polar Therapy System
- Use cubed or chunked ice for optimal performance.
- It is recommended to drain the Cold Therapy Pad between uses. To drain the pad, hold the Cold Therapy Pad upright with the hose pointed toward the ground. Depress the black plunger and allow water to drain out of the pad.
- You may disconnect the Cold Therapy Pad from the unit without removing the pad from the affected area by depressing the silver tabs on the hose coupling and gently pulling the hoses apart. The Breg Polar Care Cold Therapy Pad and unit will seal itself and will not leak.
Note: Some dripping during release is normal.
- DO NOT RUN PUMP WITHOUT WATER! The pump in this unit is designed to run with water. Running the unit without water will cause permanent damage to the pump.
- Unplug unit before removing lid.
Cleaning your Polar Care Unit
- After use, empty and dry the unit with a soft cloth.
- Warm water and mild detergent may be used occasionally to clean the pump and tubes.
- Polar Care Kodiak can be cold enough to cause serious injury, including full skin necrosis.
- Follow the Operating Instructions and carefully read the Product Insert (see pouch on side of unit) and the Intelli-Flo Pad Fitting Instructions (provided with each Cold Therapy Pad) prior to use.
Please read carefully before purchasing:
By purchasing this system, you certify that you are a qualified medical professional or currently under the treatment of a physician who has prescribed a Cold Therapy product. You agree to read and carefully follow the manufacturer's directions provided with the unit. You understand that the user will assume all responsibility for the use/misuse of this item. You agree to contact a physician immediately in the case of any untoward reactions caused by use of this device. You understand that Source Cold Therapy is only a distributor of the product and in no way assumes responsibility for any injury it may cause due to malfunction, misuse, inappropriate application, or other reason. Furthermore, Source Cold Therapy cannot provide specific details as to the product's application or use, other than is provided in the product documentation, developed by this product manufacturer. By clicking "Add to Cart" you certify that the above statement(s) is/are true.
Warranty And Return Information: Cold Therapy Returns
Due to the medical nature of this product, we cannot accept returns on this product. Defective units are covered under the manufacturer's warranty and a warranty replacement will be issued.
Unit: 6 months
Wraps: 1 month
Breg Warranty Helpline: 800-897-2734
If your device, pad, or part is malfunctioning, or leaking, Source Ortho will gladly replace it with the same new, unused device, pad, or part within the warranty period. For more details and specifics to each manufacturer's unique expressed and implied product warranties, please contact the manufacturer directly. Please contact Source Cold Therapy (866-425-3209) with questions or comments regarding our cold therapy return policy.
Cold Therapy Return Policy:
Source Ortho wants to protect all customers from the increased risk of infection associated with using returned and/or previously used cold therapy merchandise. Cold therapy units are used after arthroscopic or open orthopedic procedures, and their pads come in contact with incision sites thus rendering them unusable by another individual. Local water municipalities do not remove every contaminant including pharmaceuticals, and industrial chemicals. Bacteria and/or contaminants in household water can dry on the inside of coolers and thus get passed onto another individual with "used" equipment. Due to these concerns, Source Ortho ships only new, sealed units to customers. We NEVER ship returned products to our customers. Unfortunately this is a common problem on Amazon, eBay and gray market websites were the resellers are not always legitimate distributers of these products. We encourage customers to call us for product information and general questions before placing their order online. For the protection of all customers, cold therapy units and pads are non-returnable items.